The aim of Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni is the sustainable professional integration of female experts in engineering, which involves:
- acknowledging equal participation of all genders in technology development
- increasing the number of women students and graduates in engineering;
- attaining women lecturers;
- connecting women students with professionals and supporting them during the transition into the labor market;
- developing new impulses — especially for women — in engineering in higher education.
The nature of our conceptual starting point is clearly professional. Our mission is to motivate women in engineering to create a place of exchange for themselves and other women interested in this discipline. This includes exchange of technical knowledge as well as everyday academic and occupational issues. Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni also allows room for personal exchange.
On our website you can get more information about the background and concept of the summer university.